Sunday, April 18, 2010

Buttery Bread Machine Rolls


Recently, after forgetting to purchase bread for a dinner I rediscovered my good old hand me down bread machine. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it!

I'd seen the blog Grocery Cart Challenge mention these bread machine butter rolls a few times, and one day I decided that they sounded really good. I was looking for easy snacks to take to works, and Gayle makes a batch and freezes them, which I thought was a great idea.

These were really easy to make. too easy, almost. And so, so good! The only bad thing about them is that we ate almost the whole batch that night and didn't have any left to freeze. I'm pretty sure that's disgusting of us, but these are really that good! I made them again for my husband's birthday party, and everyone loved them.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F.)
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions

  1. In bread machine pan, put all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
  2. Select dough setting.
  3. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
  4. Divide dough into 24 portions.
  5. Shape dough into balls.
  6. Place in a greased 13 inch by 9 inch baking pan.
  7. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes
  8. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.


Recipe originally from Recipe Zaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment