Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fondant!

We celebrated mothers day yesterday with my family, and I figured it was the perfect excuse to play in fondant. I've never made fondant before, I don't think I've ever even tasted it, but Bake@350 posted a very easy recipe for it last week and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it.

I had imagined a cake with daisies on it, but JoAnn's didn't have the fondant cutters in the flower shape I wanted, so I bought a leaf shape and handmade the flowers instead.
Leave my countertops alone! They're antiques!
This was really, really easy to make, and I love the results. (it tastes like solid sugar. Not a bad taste, but very sweet!) And it's super fun to play with, like play dough for grown ups.

There was a lot of touching involved, so I was a little squeamish about it, but you hands have to be coated in Crisco at all times, so that was enough of a barrier that I was okay with it :)

Here is my final result:


I'll post the recipe for this cake soon. It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment