Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good things are happening

in my kitchen right now! Tomorrow is my mama's birthday and I'm making her cake, lemon with homemade orange curd filling, buttercream frosting and fondant daisies. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see how it turns out!
This was my second time making a curd (although I made lemon curd last time) and I was pleased that it was SO much easier this time! I used this recipe from Marthastewart.com and I love it. Seriously, can Martha do anything wrong? (aside from the interrupting of guests on her show, that is). I just substituted oranges for the lemons in the recipe as I thought it would contrast better with the lemon cake.

And then, Monday is my birthday. Mid twenties now. I feel....old, even though I know in the grand scheme of things, I'm still really young. oh well.

I leave you with a picture of the last cake I made for my mom's birthday in 2008 (8-8-8), so I made it in the shape of an 8...but everyone wondered why I made my mom a boob cake. I have come so far!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment