Wednesday, February 13, 2008

wahoo for sewing

I'm pretty proud of myself today. I am wearing a sweater that a few months ago I decided I was going to throw away. I just hated the buttons. They were shiny flower shaped buttons with Rhinestone petals. Ugly and Childish, so the sweater sat in my closet. I didn't throw it away because its the only button up work sweater that I own. Then it lost a button. More hmmhawing about throwing it away, nobody would want it anyways.
Then, last night I decided that I needed to wear a sweater today. So I pulled it out, and remembered the button Fiasco. Then I remembered I had some buttons in my sewing box from my sewing class three years ago. I found an adorable set of retro-fifty white dome buttons that have been around forever. I remember seeing them in my moms sewing box growing up.
So, I popped off the nasty flowers, popped the big white domes on and voila! My sweater is adorable! It looks like a 50's housewife sweater or something, and I love it. Its my new favorite.
So, I'm pretty proud of myself for recycling my old sweater instead of purchasing a new one.
I need to sew more.

No comments:

Post a Comment