Monday, June 9, 2008

I did it!

I made Jam. And I am ridiculously proud of myself. I've also come to realize I may be the only person in the world who gets excited about Jam. Everyone I told or gave a jar too responded with an "oh, that's nice dear" and then gave me crazy side eye.
Also, I tried to take step by step pictures, but I've come to the realization that I'm no Pioneer Woman! I've also decided that she is either Magic or has three hands.
So, I'll have a few crappy cell phone pics that will follow that detail my amazing feat of making Jam (but drastically skip steps), and I get to cross something off my June list!
I've also picked a huge bucket of apricots that I hope to turn into Jam and/or freeze tonight, so I guess that's another thing I can cross off.

2 comments:

  1. Woot Woot!
    My mum used to make jam quite a bit, but not so much anymore. Is it essentially just sugar and stewed fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much. I'm not going post the recipe I used when I get around to posting my pics because the Jam is too sweet! I'm looking for a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete