Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Broccoli, White Bean and Cheddar soup

I found this Broccoli, White Bean and Cheddar Soup Recipe the other day, and thought I would give it a try.
First, when I went to the grocery store I couldn't find "Cannelli Beans" anywhere, so I decided to get Navy Beans. They're white, right? Same thing. (They aren't by the way. Cannelli beans are white kidney beans. Live and learn!)
I used my Turkey stock that I made Thanksgiving Day instead of the Chicken Stock. It smelled so good on the stove! Then I cut up the broccoli, tossed it in, threw in the navy beans and poured it in the blender. This is so easy it's magical, I thought.
Then I turned on the blender that was filled with my delicious smelling soup. FFFFWAP! The steaming hot mixture sprayed all over my kitchen. All over me. All over my floor. Idk, I must have filled the blender too full.
I was pissed. So I poured myself a little bowl of mess and tasted it. Heaven! I almost don't regret the fact that cheesy broccoli bean crap is dripping down my walls.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment