Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bacon Jalapeno Bites


I created this recipe for a New Years dinner appetizer by altering Pioneer Woman's Jalapeno bacon thingies. It's very easy, but very tasty!

12 Jalapenos
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
1/2 Cup provolone cheese, finely shredded
1 lb bacon, cut into thirds
1/2 teas onion powder
1/4 teas salt

Wash and halve Jalapenos, removed seeds and membrane. Dry on towel. Mix Cheeses and seasoning until well blended. Fill each Jalapeno half with cheese mixture. Wrap with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. (try to make them prettier than mine, I was experimenting to see which way the bacon worked best. Turned out to be when it was wrapped around the entire pepper and secured with toothpick!) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until bacon is browned and cheese is browned and bubbly. Drain on paper towels for a few minutes before serving.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks SUPER yummy! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your site. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

    ReplyDelete