Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart shaped cake bites

I have resisted the cake pop/ball trend for this long because I have an unnatural fear of touching food that other people are going to eat. It's weird, I know. But I came up with a way to make these that thankfully had little touching involved!


1 box cake mix (I used strawberry)
1/2 can vanilla frosting
melting chips

Bake cake as directed and allow to cool. Crumble cake (I used forks to tear it up) into a bowl and stir in frosting. Place some batter on a glass plate and press to 1/2 inch thickness under plastic wrap. Use cookie cutter to cut small shapes from batter. Freeze shapes for at least 1/2 hour. Dip in melted chips and decorate.
Easy, tasty, and with minimal food to finger contact, just the way I like it :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment