Sunday, June 13, 2010

Super Brownies



Last Monday I had a craving for sweets. This is nothing new, but this time there was no ice cream or cookies to tide me over, so I pulled out Everyone's First Cook Book (that I don't think I've ever used!) and went to work.
Now, I'll admit that besides for my vegan brownies, I usually make brownies from a box. They're just so easy. But never more, friends. These are the best brownies I've ever had, and they weren't much harder than a box mix! The frosting is fudge-like in consistency and these were so rich I could only eat two before I felt like I was going to die. (usually I can clear half a pan before I get that feeling)

2/3 c. oil
2 c. Sugar
1/3 c. corn syrup
3 eggs lightly beaten
2 teas. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. flour
1/2 teas. salt
1 teas. baking powder
1 c. chopped pecans (I omitted)

Icing
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teas. milk
1 teas vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. In mixing bowl, beat oil, sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla. Add cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder and beat well. Stir in chopped nuts. Pour in greased/floured 9X13 pan. bake for 35 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter, add in powdered sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread over brownies.
Source: Everyone's First CookBook

No comments:

Post a Comment