Monday, October 11, 2010

3 year old birthday card


I made this sweet little card for my nephew PJ, who will be three next month. Where the heck does time go?! It seems like just yesterday I was hogging all his baby cuddles and listening to him grunt and try to figure out the world.

Everything except for the 3 is from Create a critter, the 3 is from Plantin Schoolbook. Since there was so much going on with the train I had a hard time coming up with a background, so I settled for plain blue stripes. The bear and the 3 are pop-dotted from the page.

Since PJ is only 3, I guess this card is more for his mama (my sister), who also just got her first cricut a few days before I did! They live 500 miles away but someday maybe we'll be able to have a crafty get together! A girl can dream.

I've discovered so many new wonderful blogs this week that I haven't taken the time to post on my own. I just love the cricut community I've stumbled upon, everyone is so creative and supportive. It's just so much fun.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. So adorable.... What a cute card, I love the choo-choo! Happy birthday to your nephew, he will be so happy with this card!

    Hugs,
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card... man you have gotten lots of new followers since I started following you...how fun...
    Can't wait to see more of your creations.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! You've won a prize at my blog--it's not the ATG, but I decided to pick another winner for some random goodies since I hit over 300. Please contact me so I can send you a surprise!!

    ReplyDelete